Deadline: 25 March 2019
Plan International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Coordinator in Cairo, Egypt.The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Logistics Coordinator will responsible for the availability and quality of all logistics facilities and services that support the proper functioning of Plan Country Office.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Logistics Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Ensure the logistics arrangement in accordance with Country office and Global policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the project’s and country office logistical capacity is in good condition and used for the implementation of project activities.
- Make recommendations to the Program Unit to solve project logistics issues.
- Coordinate and manage the supply chain logistics recorded in the Procurement and Supply Management Plan (PSM).
- Coordinate the development and monitor the implementation of the logistics budget of the CO in line with the approved annual plan and according to the existing contracts with hotels and rates.
- Ensure that all admin and logistics related transactions within the Country office are processed into SAP and with the maximum level of quality.
- Provide logistics services during meetings, conferences, visits and workshops for the Country office nationally and internationally.
- Contribute with other admin and logistics staff to manage the scheduling of drivers ensuring that transportation is available for members of the CO within the policies and procedures.
- Contribute with other admin and logistics with the vehicle periodic maintenance as well reactive maintenance to ensure that vehicles are readily available for service within the Country office.
- Receives, checks and authorizes weekly, monthly and quarterly reports of the Admin and logistics Officers, develop and complete the Country office logistics reports and compiles them into department-wide regular reports.
- Ensure compliance of services procured as expressed by plan staff and partner organizations.
- Negotiate the price conditions and guarantees related to purchasing and contracts.
- Follow with the relevant services, such as suppliers and freight forwarders, shipments of materials and supplies, in time to negotiate all exemptions formalities and in consultation with the CO Administration and logistics manager (country office).
- Establish payment records after delivery and billing by suppliers, forward them to the person responsible of administration and accounting of project for review and issuing the check.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in administration, accounting, supply chain, Logistics (Administration, Finance, etc.) or any other related field.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in administration and financial management, supply chain, logistics and procurement management.
- A relevant post graduate qualification is desirable.
- Knowledge of operational planning processes budget management.
- Good knowledge of software managements and spread sheet (Excel) and MS Word and Outlook.
- Be honest and respectful of policies and procedures.
- SAP system knowledge is desirable.
- Demonstrate rigor and respect of Operational procedures.
- Ability to be transparent and rigorous in management.
- Excellent organizational capacity.
- Ability to give and receive feedback.
- Proven skills in the project management.
- Reports writing skills.
- Good communication, presentation and problem solving skills.
- Fluency in English & Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Plan International.