Deadline: 26 November 2019
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Officer (Warehousing) in Mombasa, Kenya.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Logistics Officer will focus on one specific area of logistics (i.e. budget preparation and management, commodity and warehouse management, supply chain, fleet and workshop management, port operation management, logistics cluster and information management) or manage teams within logistics operations to ensure supply chain strategies are implemented.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Logistics Officer Associate will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Ensure the integrity of transport information and communication from shipping, transport units and warehouse teams including commodity tracking in WFP standard systems.
- Coordinate logistics, port operation, warehouse management support services in the area of assignment. collect information and conduct market surveys for logistics services (transport, warehousing, Fumigation, …etc to assist CO in awarding competitive and cost-efficient service providers).
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
- Implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse in accordance to WFP guidelines and RFQs.
- In the event of food safety incidents, support investigation exercises to enable lessons learned to be documented and shared, to reduce re-occurrence of the incident.
- Prepare evidenced based recommendations for head of the office on tools to enable rapid response to the situations with food safety concerns.
- Prepare evidenced based recommendations for senior staff on control measures to combat and reduce food commodity losses and food quality and safety issues.
- Provide trainings to WFP staff and external stakeholders on the key areas, such as quality control, food processing, loss prevention and mitigation, to build local capacity.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- University degree in business administration, engineering, computer science, statistics or economics (preferably transport economics), or equivalent professional experience or extensive relevant logistics experience).
- At least 9 year’s experience in warehouse managerial/supervisory role, with progressively increasing responsibilities in the warehouse operations.
- Hands on experience in Warehouse Management systems implementation.
- Strong analytical, networking, and coordination skills with excellent written and oral communication.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior staff.
- Leadership, ability to work within and lead a team, strong drive for results, cultural sensitivity.
- Working knowledge (proficiency/Level C) of English (enter other WFP language, if applicable) is required.
- Basic knowledge of (enter secondary WFP language, if applicable) would be a plus.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WFP.