Deadline: 16 May 2016
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Operations Officer in Moscow, Russia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations’ system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The National Operations Officer will perform the following functions-
- Plan, recommend and implement systems, norms and procedures, in compliance with existing policies, for the administration of human, financial and material recourses, as well as for the monitoring, control and evaluation of such processes.
- Ensure the smooth running and day-to-day management of the administrative functions of the WHO Country Office.
- Assist in the planning, organization, operation and evaluation of administrative services.
- Formulate general and specific budgetary estimates for the country office, work-plans and projects; plan, organize and monitor the application, control and accounting of approved budgetary allocations by work-plans and programmes (and donor agreements according to needs).
- Provide managerial and administrative support in the implementation of all WHO collaborative programmes through initiation of relevant proposals for all planned activities as per plans of action and periodic monitoring of their implementation.
- Provide a range of human resources services, including future needs, coordinating/facilitating recruitment, training and staff orientation and implementation of performance management in close collaboration with the relevant HR Officer in the Regional Office.
- Advise staff on relevant administrative and financial rules and procedures.
- Responsible for administrative supervision and verification of financial transactions related to the WHO Country Office budget.
- Provide day-to-day guidance and advice, and supervision – when assigned, to other administrative staff in the CO.
- Provide administrative supervision and verification of financial transactions related to the contracts of UNAIDS Regional Support Team in Russia according to the HQ global administrative agreement.
- Provide overall administrative support to the GDO on NCDs including verification of financial transactions.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree in public or business administration, or relevant social sciences.
- Training in WHO/UN managerial framework and procurement; post-graduate studies in management and administration.
- At least two years’ experience in responsible roles in administration and management at an inter-governmental/international organization.
- Experience in responsible roles involving the application of administrative and management principles and practices within the United Nations system.
- Previous experience in administrative or programme areas in WHO.
- Good knowledge of administrative and management principles and practices (including, but not limited to the areas of Human Resources, Finance, Budget, Logistics, Procurement and Security).
- Good general knowledge of enterprise resource planning and management systems.
- Good knowledge of local regulations on customs, procurement, banking systems and taxation.
- Knowledge of WHO/UN administrative and financial rules, procedures and practices, including operational procedures in GSM and programme management.
- Excellent written and oral command of English and Russian.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.