Human Rights Watch (HRW) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Administrator in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Operations Administrator will be responsible for providing day-to-day operational support in finance, human resources, facilities administration and IT to ensure the smooth and efficient running of HRW’s Nairobi office.
HRW is an independent, international organization that works as part of a vibrant movement to uphold human dignity and advance the cause of human rights for all.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Administrator will perform the following functions-
- Act as the local Finance representative and assist with the implementation of Finance policies locally.
- Manage the bank accounts and cash flows.
- Assist the Associate Director in establishing and monitor the office budget.
- Record all monthly financial activity into the organization’s financial system.
- Process financial transactions including monthly payroll, bill payments, expense reimbursements and disbursements.
- Run internal and external financial reports.
- Process and track expenditures and revenue transactions.
- Work with financial service vendors such as auditors, accountants and governmental tax offices.
- Assist the Associate Director in handling issues in relation to HRW’s legal, branch and charitable status.
- Assist with payroll for other HRW office locations in East Africa, as needed.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training in finance/bookkeeping, business administration, nonprofit management, human resources or a related field is required.
- Minimum of three years of operations or administrative experience, preferably in a global organization, is required.
- Experience in nonprofit management, human resources, finance, or IT is highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, financial, and analytical skills are required.
- Strong computer knowledge including advanced ability with Microsoft Excel and Word is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to work collaboratively within HRW, as well as with external partners, are required.
- Ability to function under pressure, prioritize competing demands with minimal supervision, and handle numerous tasks simultaneously is required.
- Proven track record of taking initiative and problem solving is required.
- Good judgment, discretion, and the ability to maintain confidentiality are required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required, knowledge of French is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their resume, cover letter, a brief writing sample (unedited by others), and contact information for three references in English via email, with “Operations Administrator REF OPS-16-1013” as the subject line.
For more information, please visit HRW.