Deadline: 6 November 2018
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Analyst in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Operations Analyst will undertake substantive operational and implementation support tasks with respect to the country work program activities ranging from project preparation, appraisal, implementation, and supervision.
WBG has set two ambitious goals first is reducing extreme poverty to 3% by 2030 and second is promoting shared prosperity by fostering income growth of the bottom 40% of the population in every country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Analyst will perform the following functions:
- Support the implementation of World Bank Operations in Papua New Guinea, with a focus on timeliness, quality and results of country deliverables.
- Carry out research and analytical tasks on a wide range of operational, country and sector issues, review and interpret information/data, identify issues and recommend actions/solutions.
- Participate – when requested – in World Bank implementation support visits and assist tasks teams in addressing implementation challenges.
- Provide guidance to task teams on operations procedures and help resolve operations issues.
- Contribute to specific operational activities at all stages of the project cycle, including participation in the design and development of specific project components, coordination with development partners, implementation support, M&E and reporting.
- Carry out other activities upon assignments by the Country Manager and Sr. Operations Officer based in PNG
- Participate in monthly Pacific Operations Meetings chaired by the Operations Manager.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in economics, engineering, public policy, business administration, social science, or other relevant discipline.
- Relevant professional experience: MA/MS in a relevant discipline plus minimum 2 years of direct relevant experience, or BA/BS in relevant discipline plus 5 or more years of relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of project management concepts.
- Excellent data analysis skills and ability to quickly compile and verify information and produce concise, well-written documents and correspondence in English.
- Proficiency in Excel with pivot tables, conditional formatting, macros and charts.
- Fully proficiency in the use of relevant software applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Experience of working with national government on development issues in PNG.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Tok Pisin.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.