Deadline: 23 January 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Analyst (Interpreter) in Damascus, Syria.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Operations Analyst (Interpreter) will perform the following functions-
- Perform interpretation services and translation services from English to Arabic, or Arabic to English.
- Interpret for and facilitate missions by UNMAS/UNOPS staff.
- Assist with interpretation and translations during field work, training, meetings, and field visits.
- Translate UNMAS/UNOPS official documentation and abide by the UNMAS/UNOPS Confidentiality Agreement.
- Drive UNOPS/UNMAS vehicles to specific field missions when needed.
- Perform any other function as requested by the supervisor, Team Leader or Chief of Operations.
Applicants must have:
- First-level University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) with 2 year’s of relevant experience.
- Secondary School Diploma (High School Diploma or equivalent) with 6 year’s of relevant experience is required.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience as a translator or interpreter or related field of work involving translation or interpretation services.
- Previous experience with an non governmental organization or international organization is desired.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (speaking, writing, reading) is required.
- Nationality of Syria.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.