Deadline: 2 May 2016
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Analyst in Jakarta, Indonesia.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to day-to-day operations of the Multi-Donor Trust Fund and Programmatic ASA (PASA) Sustainable Urbanization and PASA Housing. This include substantive support on creating and compiling progress reports for each PASA sub-task activity and analytical support to the task manager of the PASA.
- Help adapt global good practice in housing finance, urban planning, and housing regulations to local Indonesia context within Bank projects.
- Provide substantive operational, research, power point presentation, briefing notes, and other analytical support to Task Team Leaders with respect to portions of the sector work program activities for PASA Sustainable Urbanization or project preparation, appraisal, implementation, and supervision.
- Draft relevant sections of the Project Appraisal Document (PAD), Project Implementation Summary Result (ISR), Aide Memoire, and other related project documentation.
- Participate in the discussions with the clients and on Bank missions as a team member (preparation, appraisal, and supervision), conducts independent technical discussions with relevant client representatives on selected problems and issues identified by task managers.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in economics, finance, urban planning or other relevant areas, with 2 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced degree (at least Masters) in urban planning, or similar field related to urban development).
- Ability to conduct research and analysis on difficult, but well defined tasks; articulate issues and recommend solutions.
- Ability to draft components of major reports, working papers, and other Bank project documents.
- Ability to effectively provide professional support to senior staff.
- Excellent analytical and technical writing skills are a must.
- Familiarity with statistical software like GIS, AutoCAD, Google Earth Pro, ArcGIS, Stata is highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience of Indonesia urban development regulations is highly desirable
- Advanced computer skills and full proficiency in the use of relevant software applications.
- Prior experience in World Bank implementation support and mission documentation (project concept note, aide-memoires, ISRs etc.) will be a plus as will be prior experience in EAP.
- Advanced communication skills (written and oral) in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.