Deadline: 31 January 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Assistant in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Operations Assistant will perform full secretarial duties for international staff and help coordinate administrative activities for the assigned unit.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Assistant will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Ensure that all correspondence and documents for supervisors are prepared in compliance with ADB’s standards, and properly logged and distributed to the concerned staff.
- Provide efficient administrative services by screening incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from callers and visitors, establishing the nature and priority of requirements of unexpected visitors to ensure that they are routed in a timely manner to the concerned staff.
- Ensure the effective coordination of supervisor’s schedule by maintaining diaries and arranging appointments, meetings, travel and accommodation as specified by the supervisors and in accordance with ADB procedures.
- Assist in project processing by ensuring all documents are processed following existing procedures and guidelines, coordinating review of project documents with relevant units in a timely manner, and monitoring processing timelines to meet planned approval dates.
- Ensure that office filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated for easy retrieval and track the flow of documents with the use of database for effective monitoring to meet deadlines.
- Relieve other Operations Assistants when they are absent.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Work knowledge of assigned area.
- Good typing skills.
- Good memo composition and editing skills.
- Good computer skills, particularly use of MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SharePoint).
- Familiarity with computer systems used generally in multilateral organizations.
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with ADB stakeholders, i.e. ADB staff and Government officials.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to develop rapport internally and externally in a multilateral environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Nationality of Thailand.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.