Deadline: 9 May 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Operations Assistant in Manila, Philippines.
The Operations Assistant will provide administrative and operational support services for various activities relating to policy and strategy-related work, knowledge dissemination activities, database management, and other administrative functions.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Assistant will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Policy and Strategy-related Work
- Assist in preparing papers on policies and strategies, undertakes research and collates relevant documents, monitors and drafts summary of comments across the department, and assists in the editing of the report.
- Arrange logistics, assists in preparing meeting materials, and drafts meeting minutes.
- Knowledge Dissemination Outputs and Activities
- Assist in preparing presentation materials and arranges logistics of knowledge dissemination activities such as conferences, workshops and seminars.
- Prepare matrix of comments, and drafts meeting minutes, prepares relevant correspondences, makes arrangements for missions, manages TA files.
- Database/Website/Publication Management
- Assist in developing and maintaining divisional databases and websites.
- Manage and update SDCC intranet, SharePoint sites, calendar to reflect activities involving the professional staff participation.
- Trust Fund Operations
- Assist in the management of Republic of Korea e-Asia and Knowledge Partnership Fund (EAKPF) through preparation of monthly and quarterly monitoring reports, coordination with relevant departments and fund manager on inquiries regarding submission of proposals, preparation of presentations and other meeting materials for knowledge sharing events and high-level meetings and provides support in the preparation of EAKPF annual reports.
- Office administration
- Provide administrative assistance to designated SDCC International Staff which includes preparation of correspondences and documents, formatting documents according to ADB standards and efficient reception services.
- Ensure the effective coordination of supervisor’s schedules by arranging appointments, meetings, travel and accommodation as specified by the supervisor in accordance to ADB procedures.
- Monitor and track incoming and outgoing documents, reports, emails for action or reassignment. Logs documents. Ensures the supervisors filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated.
- Serve as interim support to the Associate Operations Coordinator and Senior Operations Assistant when they are absent.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or relevant fields.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Good computer skills with very sound knowledge of common word-processing, MS Office software, spreadsheets and graphic software used within ADB.
- Familiarity with computer systems generally used in ADB.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, and maintains composure under pressure
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.