Deadline: 7 June 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Operations Assistant in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Operations Assistant will perform a full range of secretarial duties for the assigned supervisors, including organizing and maintaining records, contact with the public, preparing correspondence and reports, assistance for visiting ADB missions and other appropriate functions as required; coordinate administrative activities for the India Resident Mission ( RM).
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Assistant will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Ensure that all correspondence and documents for supervisors are correctly typed, prepared and submitted on time in compliance with ADB’s standard.
- Ensure all the incoming mails are logged, properly distributed and brought to the attention of concerned staff, and that outgoing mails/faxes are delivered on time.
- Provide efficient administrative services by screening incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from internal/external calls to ensure they are referred in a timely manner to the concerned staff.
- Ensure the effective coordination of supervisors’ schedules by maintaining their diaries and arranging appointments, meetings, travel and accommodation as specified by supervisors in accordance with ADB procedures.
- Arrange meetings/appointments with Government of India, executing agencies, donors and other stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of Aide Memoirs, background papers, back-to-office reports (BTORs) and other reports pertaining to group assigned.
- Prepare Mission Authorization Requests (MARs) and Mission Authorization Business Travel Requests (MA-BTRs), and Request for Reimbursement of Business Travel (RRBT) for India Resident Mission (INRM) staff.
- Assist in arranging required logistic facilities such as transportation, workshops, seminars, visas, shipments, custom clearances, etc.
- Ensure the office filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated in accordance with an existing framework for easy retrieval.
- Relieve other Operations Assistants when they are absent, as required.
- Perform any other duties as may be required and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan, such as retrieving files/documents for preparation of reports, preparing tables and charts for reports, assisting ADB visiting missions, and other routine office administrative functions.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Good typing skills; good knowledge of stenography preferred but not necessary.
- Good computer skills with sound knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics software used in ADB.
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds; good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices.
- Familiarity with local languages and institutions.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.