Deadline: 22 February 2019
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Operations Assistant in Gebze, Turkey. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Operations Assistant provides a range of administrative and financial services to portfolio and client managers.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Assistant will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Provide administrative and financial support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Update and maintenance of Proposal information according to established procedures.
- Assistance in the administration and monitoring of all budgetary, financial, procurement and routine administration aspects of service delivery.
- Creation and update of Award information, including established project information and associated contracts and activity definitions and according to established procedures.
- Draft project communications, documentation, reports and contracts, checking documents for accuracy and compliance with UNOPS format and style.
- Process Purchase Orders (POs); performance of reconciliation activities on purchase orders such as close and cancel POs. Inquiries on PO details and activities.
- Ensure implementation of operational strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of operations with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Input to the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in operations, in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Ensure knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Input and update of accurate data and information to facilitate monitoring and evaluation of project activities, and to institutionalize and disseminate knowledge.
- Use of technology and electronic systems and tools to initiate work, share information with colleagues and clients.
- Provide hands on training to new recruits in HQ and at the Country Levels.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Secondary education is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree will be accepted.
- Additional training in administrative and business practices an asset.
- 5 years experience as an operations assistant or similar function in an international organization.
- Experience in the recruitment of consultants, international and national project staff, budget management and tenders for services and works.
- Thorough knowledge of UNOPS policies and procedures, especially with regard to procurement of personnel, goods and services desirable.
- Good computer skills, including MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems – ability to enter project proposals, budgets, budget revisions, requisitions and purchase orders, vendor data, travel requests.
- Fluency in written and oral in both Turkish and English language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.