Deadline: 26 August 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Coordination Officer in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Operations Coordination Officer will be responsible to undertake strategic, operational and administrative tasks in support of India Resident Mission (INRM) front office.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Coordination Officer will perform the following functions:
- Assist in strengthening INRM country operations management systems in terms of strategy formulation/updates, pipeline building, project processing, portfolio management, capacity building, and management of personnel, finance, and administration.
- Liaise with and supports HQ, Government agencies, development partners, private sector partners, and other stakeholders to facilitate high level missions for programming, project processing, and administration of ADB loans and TAs (both public and private sectors).
- Support quality assurance of ADB documents prepared by INRM and communications with the government and other stakeholders at the INRM front office.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge base of future Government investment plans and approval processes organizational structure and policies relevant to the assigned sectors, and manage up-to-date information medium term project pipelines and 3-year business plan.
- Help organize, contributes to (e.g., preparation of presentation materials), supports, and participates in meetings, conferences, seminars, and workshops, as well as key missions including country programming, tripartite portfolio review, and state level consultations.
- Monitor and control annual forecasts of contract awards and disbursement, identifying factors responsible for shortfalls, and expediting achievements of target levels.
- Monitor the implementation of ADB-financed projects and TAs delegated to INRM to ensure timely and effective implementation of agreed actions. Prepares project performance reports.
- Review internal procurement papers, internal papers and correspondences for extension of loan closing dates and reallocation of loan proceeds, and other portfolio documents.
- Assist in managing the project completion reports (PCRs) and TA completion reports of the delegated projects, by (i) closely reviewing and advising on the contents of the draft PCRs and their compliance with the requisite standards, and (ii) helping establish archives of project impacts and lessons and PCR quality standards.
- Support close cooperation with other development partners and facilitate consultation with them, especially in respect to sector partnerships, as and when required.
- Perform any other duties, as needed, to help meet collective organizational goals of ADB.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Operations Management or relevant fields.
- Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience in the relevant area; and at least 4 years of supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with accepted best practices of procurement and disbursement processes.
- Sound knowledge of Indian government’s administrative systems and procedures, particularly public procurement systems.
- Ability to research, analyze and check data from external and internal sources, reconcile or explain inconsistencies and perform statistical calculations.
- Strong conceptual skills and ability to identify issues and appropriate actions at the field office level.
- Strong planning and organizing skills to handle many tasks with deadlines.
- Able to liaise and work effectively with government officials within own work location.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English.
- Familiarity with local languages and institutions.
- Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit at ADB.