Deadline: 25 April 2016
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Data Management Officer in N’Djamena, Chad.
The Operations Data Management Officer will be responsible for the management of data collection and reporting activities in field operations and for training field staff on data management and analysis.
UNHCR’s primary purpose is to safeguard the rights and well-being of refugees.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Data Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Facilitate and/or dispatch data collection in the local operation, including data collection methodology, data processing and data analysis.
- Ensure responses to report requests from local staff, local governments, partners, donors and headquarters.
- Act as a local lead in compiling and calculating statistics.
- Train local staff and/or organize training in data management best practices.
- Liaise with headquarters on new reporting requirements and procedures.
- Ensure that relevant data elements are collected in a standardized way that is compatible with Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Coordinate with GIS Officers in the field and Senior GIS Officers in headquarters to define data structure, interfaces and algorithms.
- Conduct data collection audits in order to ensure that no unnecessary data collection is occurring and to ensure that all necessary data is being captured.
- Record explicit data audit trails and metadata elements when calculating statistics, such that data sources, data quality and the methods of calculation are systematically kept.
- Develop new data collection and data analysis tools, including efficient data capturing forms.
- Manage the registration (“ProGres”) database, oversee data input and reporting in close collaboration with other officers (protection, registration, community services, etc.).
- Create and maintain databases and spreadsheets that meet operational requirements.
- Convert, import and export data from systems as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree (B.A.) in computer science, demography, geography, statistics, economics or a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in data management, statistics, analysis, information technology and administration.
- Experience in managing monitoring and surveillance systems in humanitarian organizations or in large, complex organizations or familiarity with ProGres and registration system.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another UN language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNHCR.