Deadline: 8 October 2019
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Operations Officer/Associate Operations Officer in Hanoi, Vietnam. The duration of this post 3 years.
THe Operations Officer/Associate Operations Officer will support delivery of projects and corporate support across East Asia Pacific with focus on Vietnam and Cambodia.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Officer/Associate Operations Officer will perform the following functions:
- Project Coordination and Monitoring
- Working closely with the EAP Regional Gender Lead, develop annual workplans and conduct bi-annual project supervision reports which track progress against project logframe targets, assess lessons learned and update risks/risk management. Refocus project activities as required to meet program targets in coordination with EAP Regional Gender Lead and other IFC stakeholders.
- Coordinate activities and events in Vietnam under the Get2Equal Vietnam project and its successor.
- Produce formal reports on project progress for donors; informally update donors periodically through briefings or informal reports as needed and in coordination with the EAP Regional Gender Lead.
- Provide day to day budget oversight; report on financial performance according to plan. Control expenditures according to IFC policies and guidelines and within approval thresholds.
- Serve as main point of contact for the project in Vietnam and represent IFC with clients and potential clients, donors, UN agencies and NGOs with relevant mandates, Government of Vietnam and other stakeholders.
- Business Development and Advisory Delivery
- Work closely with the EAP Regional Gender Lead to develop and deliver gender advisory services to IFC clients and pipeline clients. Such services are expected to include gender equality assessments, action planning, and training or implementation support based on client needs and priorities.
- Coordinate peer learning platform on employer-supported childcare in Vietnam. Liaise with relevant World Bank staff and global Tackling Childcare lead.
- Draft client deliverables, including analysis, training materials, best practice guides, standards, and papers or presentations containing recommendations to improve client performance.
- Support the development of a pipeline of potential clients for further women’s employment advisory engagements. Draft key project documents including pitch books, project service agreements.
- Gender Mainstreaming and Support
- Serve as resource to other IFC projects active in Southeast Asia that are looking to add value to their own projects through developing gender smart approaches.
- Knowledge Creation and Management
- Prepare draft Terms of Reference, select, and oversee quality of research outputs.
- Produce company case studies highlighted the business case for action, lessons from implementation, and results.
- Foster innovation and knowledge exchange between IFC colleagues involved in the program and other key partners.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in relevant field with 4 to 8 years of relevant or related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expertise and experience in gender and the private sector in emerging markets.
- Experience in managing projects and integrating work of other (often multi-disciplinary) professional staff.
- Preference for candidates with direct experience in Vietnam or other Southeast Asia country, including relevant language skills.
- Strong theoretical base in gender and the private sector and ability to translate theory into practical applications in context of IFC Advisory projects; Good understanding of women’s employment best practices in the private sector, including on gender-based violence and the workplace and employer-supported care.
- Demonstrated ability to (i) build trusting relationships with clients; (ii) develop integrated solutions that leverage best practices across institutional boundaries; and (iii) work well in a team setting.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and client relationship skills.
- Able to effectively communicate face-to-face and virtually with a variety of individuals at levels.
- Proficiency in local language (Vietnamese or other Southeast Asian language) is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.