Deadline: 20 May 2019
Palladium is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Officer in Abuja, Nigeria.The duration of this post is 5 years.
The Operations Officer is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations and logistics of the state program, including local and in-country travel, local vendor relationships, and event and meeting arrangements.
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Officer will perform the following functions:
- Procurement and Contracts Management:
- In consultation with the project team, explore market and collect price quotations from suppliers and vendors.
- Collect necessary documents and information to process purchase orders, consultant agreements, letter agreements, subcontract/agreements and/or sub-grants.
- Keep up-to-date electronic database, documentation of necessary information and deliverables in the files of each consultant agreement, sub-agreement, contract, grant, vendor, etc.
- Office Administrations and Logistics:
- Maintain appropriate and updated filing system for all project documents including procurement documents (Due Diligence forms, biodatas, hosting checklists; competitive quotations); field vouchers, approved budgets and purchase orders); and workshop/activity payments; checks.
- Assist in management of Field Office assets, premises, supplies, publications, facilities and logistic services as required.
- Administer regular maintenance of all office space and equipment including necessary insurances in place and processing of claims in case of loss.
- Serve as backup for administration of transportation for the office and staff for local and international travel.
- Asset Management:
- Manage expendable property.
- Perform receiving function, record and tag all items.
- Issue supplies and stationery to staff.
- All other duties and tasks as assigned.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized academic institution in business or related field or 4 years working in administration; MBA is an advantage.
- Proven competency in planning, organizing, and implementing operational activities.
- At least 4 years of administration experience with a good understanding of business operations and controls; experience with international organizations and USAID regulations an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong supervision skills to ensure activities, schedules and progress are reviewed and monitored.
- Experience leading, mentoring, and motivating staff; a good understanding of performance management.
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision making.
- Minimum 2 years of people management experience, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a developing country or similar environment.
- Project Management expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyze financial reports.
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff.
- Ability to work with a low level of supervision and as a part of a team when required.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including a high level of professional maturity is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Palladium.