Deadline: 28 November 2018
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Operations Officer in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 2 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals first is reducing extreme poverty to 3% by 2030 and second is promoting shared prosperity by fostering income growth of the bottom 40% of the population in every country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Operations Officer will perform the following functions:
- Coordinate day-to-day management of Committee/Board relations.
- Lead the development of CIF documents to be presented to the Trust Fund Committees.
- Develop and implement policies to enhance relations between CIF stakeholders.
- Provide strategic guidance to Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs) in implementing CIF projects.
- Interpret and advice stakeholders on the policies of the CIF and its governance requirements, based on the CIF governance documents.
- Coordinate funding and policy approval.
- Lead efforts towards cost efficiencies in the CIF by preparing policy documents, monitoring implementation of proposed efficiencies, and coordinating annual updates to the Joint meeting of the TFCs and Sub-Committees.
- Co-lead efforts to strengthen stakeholder engagement in the CIF.
- Coordinate responses to contributors and other committee members on a wide range of queries.
- Contribute to the further enhancement of the CIF Collaboration Hub, and development of e-learning platforms.
- Supervise the organization of bi-annual CIF committee meetings and other large events.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in Business management, or other relevant field with at least five years of relevant professional experience and solid understanding of issues related to governance, knowledge management, climate change, and development.
- Thorough knowledge of and practical experience in the development of business plans and budget in similar institutions. Ability to drive the preparation of policy documents and support efforts to strengthen multi-stakeholder engagement.
- Strong conceptual, scenario analysis, and analytical skills with the ability to think strategically and rapidly analyze diverse information from multiple sources to draw conclusions and provide recommendations.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills. Spoken and written fluency required in English. Fluency in French or Spanish a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills including ability to promote strong collaboration and facilitate and achieve consensus with MDB and other partners, clients, and colleagues in a multicultural environment.
- Experience working both in-person and virtually with teams, stakeholders and consultants, including use of online knowledge sharing tools and communities of practice.
- Experience working in and knowledge of the policies and procedures of the World Bank Group or other multilateral development bank policies and procedures strongly preferred
- Task/project management skills, including ability to supervise consultants and more junior staff.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team; high performance in previous assignments; recognition by peers and managers for excellence in operational work.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle numerous competing demands and priorities, respond quickly to management and client requests, and set priorities for self and others. Ability to adapt to new challenges and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to balance flexibility, patience and good listening skills together with firmness and clarity of message, while operating in a sensitive environment.
- Willingness to travel.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.