Deadline: 12 May 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Officer in Beirut, Lebanon. The duration of this post 2 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support the management of IRRF operations including
- Collect, organize, and maintain the Trust Fund’s records and preparing regular updates, the Annual budget, and annual progress reports, including financial statements on Trust Fund finances and performance for submission and approval by the SC.
- Support the preparation of an annual workplan, results framework, communication strategy and risk management strategy, amend and update these documents as needed.
- Support IRRF Steering Committee meetings and communications including
- Prepare SC meetings and communications, including developing and circulating agendas, supporting documentation and meeting minutes.
- Prepare and convene technical-level meetings and knowledge sharing/outreach events on specific topics as required for in-depth technical discussion on specific IRRF activities.
- Support all aspects of coordination and stakeholder engagement including
- Facilitate coordination and liaison among World Bank project teams, IRRF implementing partners, government, and development partners, including the UN and the UN-RRP, and acting as a focal point to facilitate the stakeholders’ interaction with the IRRF.
- Assist the Trust Fund Manager in managing relations and resource mobilization with donors, including engagement with new donors.
- Team management and support
- Support the Trust Fund Manager in ensuring smooth daily operations of the IRRF, including supporting other staff members in execution of tasks to ensure quality control.
- Design and implement activities to encourage team building and greater team cohesion.
- Act on behalf of the Trust Fund Manager, when required, on matters regarding the operations of the IRRF in Iraq.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in economics, finance, public policy and administration or similar field with a minimum 5 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in, and knowledge of post-conflict reconstruction, donor-supported development programs, development partnerships, and/or development finance in FCV settings.
- Integrative Skills – Understands relevant cross-sectoral areas how they are interrelated; able to undertake cross-sectoral work in lending and non-lending operations.
- Demonstrated ability to integrated and work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to successfully work in multicultural team settings.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of constituencies (verbal and written).
- Strong organizational and project management skills with an ability to deliver high-quality results under pressure.
- Competency in the use of Excel for the preparation of tables, charts, and graphs to illustrate data.
- Knowledge of World Bank Group operations preferred.
- Fluency in English (essential) and Arabic (preferred).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.