Deadline: 14 April 2016
International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Officer in Bogotá, Colombia.
The Operations Officer will be part of a regional/global team of FIG advisory team and will work closely with the Regional SCF Specialist, with the primary responsibility to provide technical and strategic support to FI clients under the LAC SCF program.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Officer will perform the following functions-
- Scope technical and commercial market potential for sustainable energy and climate finance in targeted countries and identify opportunities that might be relevant to IFC’s FI clients including:
- Identify gaps and needs for developing sustainable energy/climate finance programs in targeted countries, including formulation of motivation/drivers for end-users to implement SCF project using FI’s financing.
- Contribute to IFC’s SCF/Climate Finance strategy in the region to address climate change issues, including preparation and updating of applicable tools, manuals and procedures.
- Develop approaches for sustainable energy project development and financing, through partnerships and transaction structures with local vendors, Energy Service Companies (ESCOs), engineering companies, banks and other market players.
- Provide technical inputs and support to AS and IS teams on transactions including:
- Working with the Regional SCF Specialist, lead business developers and hub leaders in marketing the product to clients.
- Supporting the program to develop standardized policies, procedures and training materials that can be tailored for individual banks in a particular country.
- Monitoring the progress and impact of projects through regular reporting and evaluation of consultants and project performance.
- Providing portfolio support for investment and advisory projects in using IFC’s CAFI tool for GHG accounting.
- Recruiting and supervising consultants for detailed energy audits and feasibility studies, as required.
- Work with IFC E&S team to market the IFC program on E&S risk management to partner FIs.
- Represent IFC in selected regional conferences, workshops and training seminars. Geographies.
Applicants must have-
- Masters’ degree in Engineering, Finance, Business, Environmental Sciences, with a minimum of 8-10 (depending on required grade) years of experience in SCF and/or professional consulting to FIs and Banks in developed and/or emerging markets.
- Expertise/familiarity with metrics and tools for tracking climate investments, including GHG accounting tools.
- Awareness/familiarity with donor and bilateral programs in SCF including the capacity building and technical advisory initiatives.
- Sound understanding of financial structures used to finance SCF projects as well as how banks, insurance companies, capital markets, and other financial intermediaries typically work.
- Familiarity with LAC banking regulations, laws desirable.
- Experience in managing transformation projects with banks in emerging markets.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently and credibly represent IFC with clients and stakeholders, including at the senior executive level.
- Ability to identify and implement innovative solutions and challenge the status quo to build the business.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Spanish essential.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work across time zones.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.