Deadline: 12 May 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Officer in Bogotá, Colombia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Operations Officer will lead and guide the Operations Team and fosters collaboration within the team, with programme staff and with other UN Agencies and a client-oriented approach.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Operations Officer will perform the following functions-
- Manage the operations in the Country Office in accordance with UN Women rules and regulations and policies and strategies:
- Serve as a member of the Senior Management team and provide professional expertise and technical support to the Country Representative on operational issues.
- Draft the annual work plan for the Operations Team and oversee its implementation and monitoring.
- Participate in review meetings and provide technical support to the assessment of the managerial and operational capacities of implementing partners in collaboration with the programme and technical team.
- Provide professional expertise and technical support to business process mapping and the establishment of internal standard operating procedures in all areas of the Operations Team’s functions.
- Provide substantive input to the development/implementation of corporate, budget, financial, procurement, and HR policies and systems and provide training to staff and project personnel on these issues.
- Ensure a continuous and up-to-date flow of information between the Country Office and HQ.
- Oversee the planning, expenditure tracking and auditing of financial resources in accordance with UN Women rules and regulations and policies and strategies:
- Provide professional expertise and technical support to the management of office and programme financial resources while exercising proper financial controls.
- Report both locally and to HQ in a timely manner on established structures; seek advice from RO when deviation from rules and regulations may be necessary and propose alternative solutions.
- Review and take corrective action as appropriate on audit findings.
- Perform Manager Level 1 role in ATLAS for voucher and PO approvals.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, HR, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in managing staff and operational systems.
- Experience leading a team is an asset.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems and ERP systems, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Experience of accrual accounting, IPSAS or IFRS is highly desirable.
- Professional background in programming/ projects management is desirable.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Spanish is required.
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.