Deadline: 7 June 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Operations Specialist in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Operations Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Submit a list of storage spaces, with specific recommendations for lease or acquisition, to serve as RNP warehouses.
- Use templates provided by headquarters, develop a material movement plan.
- Develop and use the Sensitive Material Intake Procedure at headquarters for registration, plan for intake at the RNP facilities and ensure that intake teams are trained on procedures.
- Provide briefings to security providers at the RNP HQ level, in coordination with the management responsible for overall security, on the details of the movement plans.
- Plan and prepare for post-registration tasks: disposal plan for registration materials; inventory reports detailing materials used and materials remaining in the warehouses; and documentation and archiving of all files.
- Submit periodic reports, detailing logistics activities and issues; ensure that logistics instructions are received and implemented.
- Work closely with other offices of the RNP by providing information and assistance.
- Advise on and monitor the development and implementation of appropriate security plans to ensure the safety of the UN personnel, national administration and staff, registration teams, registration material, and registration stations.
- Develop and implement vehicle allocation plans.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Operations Management, Project Management or related field from a reputable university.
- 5 year’s of experience in logistics.
- Excellent communication and organization skills and with a high level of accuracy and reliability.
- Well-established methodology for addressing logistical problems and a strong attention to details.
- Good knowledge of administration of developing countries is desirable.
- Proficiency in Spanish and English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.