Deadline : 8 June 2020
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Procurement and Subcontracts Director in Nigeria.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Procurement and Subcontracts Director will perform the following functions:
- Support the Procurement and Subcontracts Department of overall strategic plan, implementation framework and review of the Department’s goals and objectives to support the GHSC-PSM and Chemonics International, Inc. mandate in the public health supply chain Programs.
- Lead the technical procurement of health products and services that will support the implementation of the GHSC-PSM Nigeria and Chemonics International, Inc. programs for uninterrupted access to health commodities at the service delivery points using ARTMIS or any other system in use.
- Lead the development and management of request for information (RFI), request for proposal (RFP), request for quotation (RFQ) and Indefinite Quantity Contracts (IQC) Sub-awards that will support the management of technical procurement of products and services for GHSC-PSM and Chemonics International Inc. health service delivery in Nigeria.
- Assist the Director of Contracts and Compliance in coaching and mentoring procurement team members (managers, advisors etc.) in development of procurement documents.
- Lead the development, review and issuance of procurement documents to contracted service providers for smooth implementation of services in line with Chemonics policies.
- Work with the Contracts and compliance team to ensure that procurement of goods and services are in line with USAID, FAR/AIDAR regulations and Chemonics policies.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Masters’ Degree in Supply Chain Operations, Public Health, Management, Procurement, or relevant degree required.
- Minimum 10 year’s relevant experience in USG funded procurement of goods and services with International Non-Governmental Organization required.
- Experience especially in the health sector preferred.
- USAID experience required and GF experience a plus.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in developing technical Requests for Information, Proposals, Quotations, Indefinite Quantity Contracts (IQC) Sub-awards and managing complex procurement of goods and services for the health sector required.
- CIPS – Chartered Institute Procurement and Supply Certification and/or similar membership a plus.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing high performing procurement teams required.
- Experience engaging with local and international vendors on procurement of health related goods and services required.
- Knowledge of procurement using ERP systems desired.
- Knowledge of the Nigeria public health sector environment a plus.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.