Deadline: 3 August 2020
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Procurement Assistant in Cotonou, Benin.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Procurement Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Provide operational coordination and administrative services, to support procurement projects and activities, following standard processes and contributing to the effective procurement of goods and services.
- Identify and recommend potential suppliers, and compile data/documents to support the selection of suppliers, ensuring standard processes are followed.
- Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, and provide support to requisitioners, in order to support the procurement of appropriate goods and services, at lowest cost to WFP.
- Contribute to negotiations with new suppliers on terms and conditions of orders, alongside a senior officer, in order to obtain the best terms and lowest costs for WFP.
- Prepare Purchase Orders, contracts and any supporting documentation for approval by the appropriate stakeholder, and approve purchases within delegated authority, to enable the swift purchase of goods and services.
- Resolve issues related to delivered goods, using initiative, liaising with all parties and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of problems.
- Research, collect and analyse data in order to produce reports to enable informed decision-making by Procurement Officers, and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Manage updates and further develop databases and records, to ensure information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Bachelor’s Degree in transport / logistics, procurement or business administration with an additional relevant work experience and/or training/course.
- 6 or more year’s of progressively responsible support work experience in transport / logistics, procurement or business administration , including at least 3 year’s in procurement or other related field.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in French and intermediate knowledge (level B) of English language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.