Deadline: 12 May 2016
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Legal Operations Assistant in Manila, Philippines.
The Senior Legal Operations Assistant will be responsible to assist in the day-to-day operational requirements of the Office by performing a range of well-defined clerical and administrative duties described below.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Legal Operations Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Assist in the preparation of various documents such as interpretation of various ADB policies and procedures, loan documents, legal opinions, effectiveness letters, ADF papers, borrowings and swap transactions, and other routine correspondences.
- Assist in the preparation of materials and PowerPoint presentations for seminars and workshops.
- Assist in the drafting and facilitation of documents for loans, guarantees and technical assistance (TA) projects, undertaking preliminary review of legal opinions against precedents, requests for amortization schedules, minutes of loan negotiations, co-financing and cooperation agreements, and other ADB-generated project documents, ensuring consistency with any applicable model documents.
- Liaise with regional departments to facilitate efficient operations of the project cycle from the initial preparation and review, to signing of loan documents, to transmittal to concerned parties and to uploading in the Legal Information System (LIS).
- Maintain updated filing system and compiles black books for approved projects, as well as other reference materials for counsels. Selects and uploads memoranda and signed loan documents; minutes of lawyers’ meetings; and LPR TA documents into the respective databases: LIS, OGC Intranet, and LPR. Monitors documents for action or reassignment and updates the OGC Desk book.
- Participate actively in the preparation, processing, implementation and administration of LPR projects.
- Assists in the engagement of national and international consultants through Consultant Management System (CMS); prepares correspondences and arranges meetings with Governments, consultants and TA development partners; administers contract variations, liaising with consultants on various aspects of contract administration; processes consultants’ claims and makes arrangements for TA missions.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration, commerce, management, accounting or other relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Good working knowledge of ADB’s organization and policies, procedures and practices.
- Familiarity with law and policy reform, and TA processing and administration.
- Proficiency in ADB standard software applications; familiarity with ADB’s database system is an advantage.
- Excellent typing skills.
- Ability to operate transcription devices preferred. Good knowledge of stenography is an advantage.
- Good memo composition, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to work independently and maintain composure under pressure, and manage priorities and workload with general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.