Deadline: 4 May 2016
Department of Field Support (DFS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Logistics Operation Officer in New York, United States.
The Senior Logistics Operation Officer will be responsible for serving as the principal focal point for all support aspects of integrated mission specific operational issues such as administration, human resources, finance, budget, procurement, communications and information technology.
DFS provides dedicated support to peacekeeping field missions and political field missions.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Logistics Operation Officer will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate and monitor overall mission logistics and support plans and operations including logistics, communications, information technology, administration, procurement, finance, budget and human resources.
- Monitor and coordinate all mission specific cross cutting support and logistics requirements between UNHQ and other key partners including coordinating information updates and analysis with DFS on mandate implementation, cross-cutting developments, military and police force requirements and deployment plans.
- Assist in development of policy and procedures for field logistics and support including coordination with DFS during the drafting of the reports of the Secretary-General to the Legislative Bodies.
- Ensure that logistics and support requirements take account of gender-specific needs.
- Coordinate and provide administrative and logistics inputs to the strategic guidance when necessary for the development of mission RBB frameworks and budget; assist in the analysis and review of mission budgets when necessary.
- Lead/participate in operational and/or technical survey missions.
- Coordinate and provide input into the field support aspects of Secretary-General reporting to the Security Council.
- Perform other duties as required.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, public administration, logistics, finance, economics, or a related field.
- A first level university degree with a combination of relevant academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience across logistics, administration, finance and budget, human resources and communications and information technology functions is required.
- Experience working in administration or logistics in a peace operations is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in supporting mission transitions is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of a second UN language is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DFS.