Deadline: 10 May 2016
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Operations Assistant in Manila, Philippines.
The Senior Operations Assistant will be responsible to perform full secretarial services for an international staff member at Deputy HOD or Director Level.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Operations Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Ensure that all correspondence and documents for supervisor are correctly typed and prepared in compliance with ADB’s standards.
- Independently composes and sends out routine letters.
- Draft more complex correspondence for signature of supervisor.
- Ensure that all incoming mail is logged, properly distributed, and promptly brought to the attention of concerned staff, and that outgoing mails/faxes are delivered on time.
- Provide efficient reception services by screening incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from callers and visitors, establishing the nature and priority of requirements of unexpected visitors to ensure that they are routed in a timely manner to the concerned staff.
- Ensure the effective coordination of supervisor’s schedule by maintaining diaries and arranging appointments, meetings, travel and accommodation as specified by the supervisor and in accordance with ADB procedures.
- Ensure that office filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated in accordance with an existing framework for easy retrieval.
- Track the flow of documents with the use of database for effective monitoring to meet deadlines.
- Provide assistance as to the application/interpretation of work area procedures, guidelines and formats to junior administrative staff and operations assistants.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent typing skills.
- Advanced computer skills with sound knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics software used in multilateral organizations.
- Good coordination and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to coordinate proper distribution of tasks among other operations assistants.
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
- Good working knowledge of procedures, formats and standards relevant in the performance of work.
- Ability to exercise judgment on matters of confidentiality and those requiring urgent attention especially in the supervisor’s absence.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.