Deadline: 12 December 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Operations Assistant in Koror, Palau. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Senior Operations Assistant provides support for maintaining client relationships, for delivering assistance operations, and for office administration in the Palau Pacific Country Office (PCO).
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Operations Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Liaise closely with Executing Agencies and other relevant government offices to facilitate mission clearances and other development partner coordination activities.
- Provide logistical support to ADB missions and project consultant visits.
- Provide support on the financial, budgetary, and administrative functions of the Pacific Country Office and responds to requests from ADB regional offices or ADB headquarters on these matters.
- Assist in programming, processing and implementation of various ADB assistance.
- Assist in portfolio management including undertaking data collection on portfolio in various sectors, and preparation of background papers for Country Portfolio Review Mission
- Monitor and report on ADB’s operations.
- Prepare and submit reports on the status and activities of the office.
- Organize and maintain office files, records and documents related to administration of the Pacific Country Office and ADB assistance.
- Provide support to project implementation teams in administration of loan/TA projects; assists in monitoring physical progress in projects/TA implementation, procurement/contract awards and withdrawal application processing; following up submission of project reports, financial statements, etc.
- Maintain related documents, records and files for delegated projects; maintaining computer-based information system for project administration matters.
- Interact with Executing Agencies, development partners, consultants and ADB staff to keep abreast of project/program issues and development concerns.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, finance, engineering or related fields, preferably with advanced training.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the public sector or in organizations that interact regularly with local or national government
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Nationality of Palau.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.