Deadline: 12 December 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Operations Assistant in Koror, Palau. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Senior Operations Assistant provides support for maintaining client relationships, for delivering assistance operations, and for office administration in the Palau Pacific Country Office (PCO).
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Operations Assistant will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Liaise closely with Executing Agencies and other relevant government offices to facilitate mission clearances and other development partner coordination activities.
- Provide logistical support to ADB missions and project consultant visits.
- Provide support on the financial, budgetary, and administrative functions of the Pacific Country Office and responds to requests from ADB regional offices or ADB headquarters on these matters.
- Assist in programming, processing and implementation of various ADB assistance.
- Assist in portfolio management including undertaking data collection on portfolio in various sectors, and preparation of background papers for Country Portfolio Review Mission
- Monitor and report on ADB’s operations.
- Prepare and submit reports on the status and activities of the office.
- Organize and maintain office files, records and documents related to administration of the Pacific Country Office and ADB assistance.
- Provide support to project implementation teams in administration of loan/TA projects; assists in monitoring physical progress in projects/TA implementation, procurement/contract awards and withdrawal application processing; following up submission of project reports, financial statements, etc.
- Maintain related documents, records and files for delegated projects; maintaining computer-based information system for project administration matters.
- Interact with Executing Agencies, development partners, consultants and ADB staff to keep abreast of project/program issues and development concerns.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, finance, engineering or related fields, preferably with advanced training.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the public sector or in organizations that interact regularly with local or national government
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Nationality of Palau.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.