Deadline: 27 August 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Operations Assistant in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Senior Operations Assistant will pprovide administrative and operational support services for the cluster’s administrative activities, collect and consolidate information across the cluster for analytical purposes, and coordinate matters relating to various cluster activities.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Operations Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Policy and Strategy-related Work
- Coordinate and monitor milestone processing events of policy and strategy-related papers. Reports any delay in the processing of policy and strategy-related papers to Senior Director.
- Knowledge Dissemination Outputs and Activities.
- Coordinate and monitor the cluster’s knowledge products under preparation and reports any delay in the processing of knowledge products.
- Coordinate and monitors the cluster’s Technical Assistance (TAs) under processing and coordinates with other staff to ensure e-ops updating.
- Database/Website/Publications Management
- Collects, compiles and analyzes relevant information and data related to the cluster to produce reports as required.
- Monitor (or Guides) the operations of assistants in the updating of cluster databases and websites and ensures that the databases and websites reflect accurate information.
- Ensure that the cluster’s intranet calendar is regularly updated and accurate.
- Communications and Document/Information Flow
- Ensure all correspondences and documents for the supervisor’s signature are correctly prepared and in compliance with ADB standards.
- Ensure all incoming mail and documents are logged, correctly assigned to staff and distributed on a timely basis, and that outgoing mail and documents are delivered on time.
- Monitor cluster deadlines.
- Inform staff of instructions from the supervisor, schedules and prepares arrangements for meetings, and prepares meeting minutes.
- Internal and External Contacts
- Provide efficient reception services by screening incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from callers and visitors, referring the caller to the concerned staff, and establishing the nature of priority of requirements of unexpected visitors.
- Ensure effective coordination of the supervisor’s calendar and schedule of missions and leave.
- Office Administration
- Provide assistance on the application and interpretation of work area procedures, guidelines and formats to operations assistants.
- Act as alternate coordinator for budget monitoring and focal for Mission Authorization Request preparation. Serves as attendance and division coordinator.
- Ensure adequate stocks of office supplies and computer requirements for the division.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Administration, Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Management, Social Sciences or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.