Deadline: 24 July 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Operations Assistant in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Senior Operations Assistant will provide administrative and operational support for an international staff member, coordinate administrative activities for the project administration unit (PAU), and provide logistical support to ADB missions.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Operations Assistant will perform following functions:
- Ensure that all correspondence and documents for supervisors are prepared in compliance with ADB’s standards, and properly logged and distributed to the concerned staff.
- Provide efficient administrative services by screening incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from callers and visitors, establishing the nature and priority of requirements of unexpected visitors to ensure that they are routed in a timely manner to the concerned staff.
- Ensure the effective coordination of supervisor’s schedule by maintaining diaries and arranging appointments, meetings, travel and accommodation as specified by the supervisors and in accordance with ADB procedures.
- Remind project officers to follow-up on agreed upon-actions with executing agencies/ implementing agencies (EAs/IAs) and other clients on portfolio related matters.
- Assist in project administration of assigned technical assistance (TAs), grants and loans, including the selection and recruitment process of consultants, processing claims and contract variations, monitoring budget and implementation progress, and preparing data for completion reports following existing procedures and guidelines in a timely manner.
- Prepare and update regular reports on status of TAs under implementation.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Project Administration Memorandum (PAM) by gathering and consolidating data in the appendices and preparing drafts of various sections (e.g. project description, project scope, loan allocation, procurement, loan covenants.
- Ensure compliance with e-Operations and other IT/system enhancements being used within ADB.
- Ensure that office filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated for easy retrieval and tracks the flow of documents with the use of database for effective monitoring to meet deadlines.
- Provide assistance on the application/interpretation of work area procedures, guidelines and formats to junior administrative staff and operations assistants.
- Relieve other operations assistants when they are absent.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or other related fields.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in the area of secretarial, administrative, and operational support services.
- Proven ability to undertake background research and analysis on difficult but well-defined tasks, collect and organize required data and information, apply appropriate computer skills in analyzing and developing the data, and prepare notes, papers and sections of reports.
- Advanced computer skills with sound knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics software used in multilateral organizations.
- Good coordination skills and strong interpersonal skills; able to develop rapport with internal and external clients in a multilateral environment.
- Ability to coordinate proper distribution of tasks among other administrative staff.
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
- Ability to exercise judgement on matters of confidentiality and those requiring urgent attention especially in the supervisor’s absence.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Nationality of Cambodia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.