Deadline: 25 October 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Operations Assistant in Singapore. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Senior Operations Assistant will performs full secretarial and administrative support to the Regional Director, Singapore Office (SGO) and assigned outposted Private Sector Operations Department (PSOD) international staff (IS) and provides operational support services for various activities of SGO including coordination of knowledge dissemination activities, database management, and other clerical functions.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Operations Assistant will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Organize mission travel, including forward planning, by reviewing and recommending appropriate flight options, planning mission itinerary including transport and hotel accommodation, preparing meeting schedules, inputting mission authorization requests, and travel requests and timely processing of expense claims.
- Ensure that appropriate arrangements and confirmations are made for all external meetings/international events including, registration, materials, logistics and venue, among others.
- Assist in the scheduling and logistical requirements of internal meetings.
- Office Matters, Mail/Written Communication/Follow-up:
- Prepare a list of all incoming documents and ensures office filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated.
- Review all incoming documents and mail in a timely manner and distributes to concerned staff and/or bring to the attention of supervisors, as necessary.
- Data Analysis and Report Generation
- Collect, compile and analyze relevant information and data to produce routine and/or ad hoc statistics/reports as instructed.
- Prepare report and provide data in excel spreadsheet, prepares PowerPoint presentations.
- Oral Communications/Internal & External Contacts:
- Provide efficient administrative services by proper screening of incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from internal/external callers to ensure they are referred in a timely manner to concerned staff
- Attend to external visitors and ensures that external visitors are appropriately greeted and escorted to meetings and/or unexpected visitors and ensures that they are referred in a timely manner to the concerned staff/appropriate party
- Ensure follow-up of specific querie.
- Maintain a directory of external contacts by recording business card information
- Knowledge Dissemination and Coordination
- Support SGO’s knowledge dissemination activities
- Liaise with ADB staff inside and outside the work area, clients, and external stakeholders as required
Applicants must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices.
- Ability to foresee response and implication of own outputs, and to undertake tasks efficiently.
- Good analytical thinking with ability to make simple causal links, pro-and-con lists and analyses to reach a decision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
- Ability to guide more junior staff and assist their skills development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Nationality of Singapore.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.