Deadline: 25 October 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Operations Assistant in Singapore. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Senior Operations Assistant will performs full secretarial and administrative support to the Regional Director, Singapore Office (SGO) and assigned outposted Private Sector Operations Department (PSOD) international staff (IS) and provides operational support services for various activities of SGO including coordination of knowledge dissemination activities, database management, and other clerical functions.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Operations Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Organize mission travel, including forward planning, by reviewing and recommending appropriate flight options, planning mission itinerary including transport and hotel accommodation, preparing meeting schedules, inputting mission authorization requests, and travel requests and timely processing of expense claims.
- Ensure that appropriate arrangements and confirmations are made for all external meetings/international events including, registration, materials, logistics and venue, among others.
- Assist in the scheduling and logistical requirements of internal meetings.
- Office Matters, Mail/Written Communication/Follow-up:
- Prepare a list of all incoming documents and ensures office filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated.
- Review all incoming documents and mail in a timely manner and distributes to concerned staff and/or bring to the attention of supervisors, as necessary.
- Data Analysis and Report Generation
- Collect, compile and analyze relevant information and data to produce routine and/or ad hoc statistics/reports as instructed.
- Prepare report and provide data in excel spreadsheet, prepares PowerPoint presentations.
- Oral Communications/Internal & External Contacts:
- Provide efficient administrative services by proper screening of incoming telephone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from internal/external callers to ensure they are referred in a timely manner to concerned staff
- Attend to external visitors and ensures that external visitors are appropriately greeted and escorted to meetings and/or unexpected visitors and ensures that they are referred in a timely manner to the concerned staff/appropriate party
- Ensure follow-up of specific querie.
- Maintain a directory of external contacts by recording business card information
- Knowledge Dissemination and Coordination
- Support SGO’s knowledge dissemination activities
- Liaise with ADB staff inside and outside the work area, clients, and external stakeholders as required
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices.
- Ability to foresee response and implication of own outputs, and to undertake tasks efficiently.
- Good analytical thinking with ability to make simple causal links, pro-and-con lists and analyses to reach a decision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
- Ability to guide more junior staff and assist their skills development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Nationality of Singapore.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.