Deadline: 15 April 2016
Islamic Development Bank (IDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Operations Policy Specialist in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
The Senior Operations Policy Specialist will be responsible to undertake the development and implementation of frameworks, policies, guidelines, and procedures of various stages of operational cycle.
The Mission of IDB is to promote comprehensive human development, with a focus on the priority areas of alleviating poverty, improving health, promoting education, improving governance and prospering the people.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Operations Policy Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Undertake the formulation of the Operations Complex strategy on development of operational policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Guide and undertake the development and implementation of the frameworks, approaches, guidelines, and analytical tools for assessing and enhancing operational policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Undertake and guide the analytical work related to operational policies including their implementation effectiveness.
- Foster cross-functional dialogue for standardization and harmonization of operational policies within IDB in line with the international best practices of the MDBs.
- Monitor the compliance procedures of operational policies and guidelines for addressing issues-affecting their implementation.
- Provide advice on operational policy compliance matters in the Operations Complex review forums (Regional Networks (ReNs]/Operations Committee and other related fora).
- Guide and undertake the development and implementation of tools, indicators and mechanisms for improving operational policy, compliance and quality standards.
- Undertake improvements in business processes related to various stages of the operations cycle in coordination with other relevant departments for business processes improvements.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on operational policy, compliance and quality standards.
- Coordinate the preparation and representation of IDB in international initiatives and forums on alignment/ harmonization of operational policies.
- Undertake and coordinate the development of knowledge – base on lessons learnt and international best practices on harmonization/alignment of operational policies, compliance and quality standards.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Economics, Development Planning, Engineering, Project Management or related fields.
- At least 9 years’ experience in an international / regional organization in related areas, with focus on operational financing, policy, compliance and quality assurance.
- Very good analytical skills.
- Very good report writing skills in English.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good expertise and skills in developing, implementing and assessing frameworks, approaches, guidelines, tools and indicators for operations policy development, compliance and quality standards.
- Good knowledge of development issues and Bank’s products and services.
- Very good knowledge of operational policy compliance and quality assurance related matters (project and portfolio).
- Experience in working in multi-cultural environment.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IDB.