Deadline: 26 January 2021
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Supply Chain Officer in Adjumani, Uganda.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Supply Chain Officer will perform the following functions:
- Establish a rigorous, accountable, and transparent procurement system, compliant with the DRC Operations Handbook chapter on Procurement Management, local law, and donor requirements.
- Advocate with all program teams in the field for procurement planning, in line with DRC Operations Handbook and Area Performance Indicators (APIs), this includes leading the process of procurement planning and convening regular meetings with Program colleagues to provide feedback on planned purchases, committing to realistic timelines for delivery and implementation.
- Supervise all procurement processes and implement/reinforce a tracking system for all local and central procurement on behalf of program teams.
- Responsible for ensuring a weekly Procurement Tracking Table/Template (PRTT) is updated and accurate, circulated on a weekly basis to the Project Manager-Project Support for review and subsequent sharing with Finance, and Supply Chain Manage, Hoss and CD
- Warehouses and Asset Management
- Maintain up-to-date inventory of DRC assets and ensure assets are managed according to DRC standard Policies and procedures.
- Ensure all items USD 780 purchased and received from donors are captured in the Dynamics FA module and tagged before handing over to Project Manager for handing over to the end user.
- Ensure asset issue forms are prepared and signed by the Project Manager Project Support, End user and uploaded in the FA module before the asset is handed over to the end-user
- Ensure tags are removed from assets prior to disposal, particularly hard drives which should be removed and wiped from computer products.
- Ensure assets that are approved for disposal are actually disposed of the FA module. Maintain a disposition file.
Applicants must have:
- Degree in Supply Chain/Procurement/Logistics Management.
- Over 3 year’s of post-graduate related work experience.
- Professional courses like CIPs and CILT are an added advantage.
- At least experience from 2 projects as Supply/ Procurement officer.
- Experience working in international NGOs.
- Excellent Communication skills in English required.
- Knowledge of Madi, Lugbara, Luo, Arabic and other local languages widely spoken in Northern Uganda is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.