Deadline: 18 September 2019
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Supply Chain Officer in Baghdad, Iraq. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The Supply Chain Officer will be responsible for all procurement of goods and services, warehousing, transportation of good and people, vehicle fleet management, and general logistics support to programs.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Supply Chain Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure all the procurement processes are in line with DRC Operations Handbook
- Effective and efficient support to programs’ needs.
- Develop and maintain relevant data base.
- Weekly and monthly status reports.
- Warehouse follow up including reporting and alert mechanism to program staff.
- Assist in recruitment, training and capacity building of the logistics team.
- Coordination of program staff to ensure logistics involvement in the whole program cycle.
- Procurement of all goods and services.
- Establish and follow up annual procurement plans.
- Track all orders, purchases and deliveries.
- Ensure that all logistics specific donor rules and policies are understood and respected.
- Oversight of all purchase and service contract to ensure DRC’s interests are protected.
- Vehicle fleet follow up.
- Optimize all logistics operations to increase cost effectiveness including setting up longer term supply contracts.
- Fixed asset follow up.
- Ensure DRC supplier due diligence is effective in the relevant context.
- Correctly apply ERP supply chain processes.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in humanitarian logistics, procurement, transport and distribution, warehousing, and stock management.
- Good understanding of the procurement rules and regulations of major international donors.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced English proficiency.
- Fluency in local language.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
Applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.