Deadline: 30 September 2018
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Supply Chain Officer (Procurement) in Bekaa, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The supply chain officer – procurement is the responsible person for all local procurement related tasks as well as supporting the supply chain team.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Supply Chain Officer will perform the following functions:
- Initiate procurement plans and procurement requests for current grants.
- Manage the procurement of all materials and equipment ordered by the projects in a cost-effective and transparent manner in line with DRC and donor specific policies.
- In consultation with Area Manager, set up procurement lead time targets and monitor compliance.
- Implement framework agreements for recurring and routine procurements.
- Oversee the development of vendor lists and supplier registration and conduct regular evaluation of existing suppliers and contractors, and enter these into a regularily updated database.
- Ensure that all orders are tracked correctly and that order tracker is circulated to programme managers on a weekly basis.
- Participate in evaluation of bids and proposals and assist with the preparation of contracts.
- Ensure that all Order Requests are complete and specifications are clarified.
- Participate in the verification of procured goods and equipment and to ascertain the items conformity to technical specifications and quantities.
- Assist the supply chain team with any other task as directed by the Area Manager.
Applicants must have:
- A Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field.
- 2-3 years’ experience in supply chain management including procurement and related topics.
- NGO sector experience in Lebanon.
- Experience working on a team as a successful teammember.
- Additional dedicated training and experience in procurement is needed for this position.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of ‘office systems’ (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Full clean Lebanese or International driver’s license.
- Commitment to and understanding of DRC’s aims, values and principles.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.