Deadline : 4 February 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Supply & Logistics Associate in Maputo, Mozambique.
The Supply and Logistics Associate will be responsible for monitoring all offshore UNICEF supplies managed through our supply chain, tracking and reporting in everything related to customs clearance, warehousing and transport processes accordingly.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Supply & Logistics Associate will perform the following functions:
- Logistics management of incoming offshore supplies
- In close collaboration with Programme sections, under the Guidance of the Logistics Officer, provide technical advice on customs clearance, warehousing and in-country transport.
- Monitor all offshore shipments to ensure timely arrival of supplies. Specifically, assist the Logistics Officer with tracking of MOZ numbers and Green Lights to be issued by the MoH or other relevant institutions, to assure effective importation of international shipments.
- Liaise with clearing agent as necessary to ensure timely availability of documentation, as well as reconcile all invoices for clearing/forwarding services.
- Procurement support
- Manage processes, information and reporting as necessary to assure effective procurement activities.
- Provide requisition and contract management support to the programme requisitioners as necessary.
- Prepare regular and accurate Procurement and Logistics reports, including Vision T-codes and SD dashboards.
- Report on offshore procurement and keep track of all pending MOZ numbers and Green Lights in the designed tool as per the guidance of the Logistics Officer.
- Communicate in a timely manner to the Logistics Specialist any potential obstacles or issues that would impede smooth importation of offshore supplies.
- Other duties
- Assist CO staff onboarding and exiting with all matters related to customs clearance and shipping of personal effects /vehicles.
- Participate in learning activities/programmes offered by the organization and also invest time in undertaking self-learning to strengthen/enhance the existing skills and knowledge in the relevant functional area.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education is required, with courses/certifications in business administration, supply chain management, procurement or logistics considered as an advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and/or Logistics, or Business and Administration or related field is an asset.
- Minimum 7 year’s of progressively responsible professional work experience in the areas of procurement, supply or logistics and/or other directly-related technical field is required, with an understanding of development and humanitarian work.
- Familiarity with UNICEF, UN supply procedures and systems is an asset.
- Fluency in English and local language of the duty station is required.
- Nationality of Mozambique.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.