Deadline: 15 May 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Support Services Officer – Logistics in Bangui, Central African Republic.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Support Services Officer – Logistics will perform the following functions:
- Provide support during the acquisition of materials to be purchased, when applicable, consult with suppliers, end users on quality, quantity, specifications, delivery timelines, product guarantees/warranties as per the UNOPS guidelines.
- Review internal reporting & monitoring tools for logistics procedures for the programme.
- Assist the Support Services Manager with customs clearance procedures for specialized products/equipment under weapons ammunitions management and explosives ordnance disposal.
- Asset Management and Warehousing
- Maintain sound asset and inventory control system in accordance with UNOPS Asset Management Policy utilizing the approved ERP for Mine Action.
- Ensure filing system to include all equipment information, maintenance schedules, and inventories of assets, equipment and consumables are properly recorded, monitored and updated.
- Ensure adequate stock of supplies at all times and ensure proper procedures are followed when issuing supplies.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) with 2 year’s of relevant experience.
- First Level University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) with 4 year’s of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in logistics, procurement or supply chain management.
- At least 1 year of experience in Asset Management and Transport is required.
- Knowledge of MS office software is required.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.