Deadline: 29 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Accounts Assistant in Islamabad, Pakistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Accounts Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Select and enter data from a wide variety of documents, verifying and ensuring accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations, and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
- Follow up with the zone offices for providing all required details of deposits made to the UNICEF account.
- Timely recording of receipts as soon as funds are received/credited in the bank account.
- Assist in the preparation of year-end reports related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, prepayment and deposits.
- Advise and assist international staff, experts, and consultants on all aspects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters, and calculates and authorizes payments due for claims and services.
Initiate correspondence to verify data, answers queries and obtains additional information on accounts and financial transactions, as required.
- Coordinate with Standard Chartered Bank(SCB) focal staff for resolving queries/issues of UNICEF official accounts as well as staff members.
- Facilitate both national & international staff members for opening of bank accounts with SCB.
- Preparation of Web banking batch (for other bank) uploading of payment instructions on standard chartered Web Banking system and follow up with the signatories to authorize the web instruction and cheque/payment advices.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required with professional/University level courses in Accounting and Finance/Business administration considered as an asset.
- Minimum 5 year’s clerical experience in the area of finance and accounting is required.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.