Deadline: 20 January 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Agri Business/ Value Chain Facilitators in Pakistan. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Agri Business/ Value Chain Facilitators will perform the following functions-
- Establishment and facilitation of Farmer Field Schools (FFS) or Farmer Business Schools (FBS) for participatory learning.
- Facilitate experimentation, participatory learning by doing and training on plants disease and insect pest management, integrated weed management, integrated soil fertility management, livestock health management, storage and processing, farm economics and financial literacy, and other issues that come up for individual groups.
- Training facilitated on specific crop or livestock-related issues pertaining to the commodity value chains under development.
- Contribute to extension materials development.
- Organize and mobilize male and/or female farmers into groups, and/or use existing Community Organizations for this purpose, for establishment of FFS/FBS for participatory learning and trainings on specific crop or livestock production and quality related issues.
- Provide support and facilitate farmer groups in introduction and establishment of Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) practices and Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and improved (post) harvest handling and marketing of high value horticultural and/or livestock products.
- Field based FFS, FBS actions plans developed.
- Contribute to FFS/FBS extension and training materials development.
- Develop and organize crop based and livestock based FFS/FBS and implement all stages and components with regular field follow-up and interaction with participants.
- The FFS/FBS facilitator works directly with farmers, and help them discover important concepts/ issues in crop, horticulture or livestock farming through practical learning.
- Conduct awareness-raising meetings to introduce the FFS/FBS concept, identify the farmers and learning site/ sites.
Applicants must have:
- Graduate in social sciences, agriculture, livestock production or related discipline.
- 3 to 5 Year’s relevant field experience, particularly in Livelihoods, Food Security and agricultural development projects.
- Knowledge of Community Mobilization skills and management of FFS/FBS/LFFS.
- Experience in communication and diffusion strategies and techniques, reporting, documentation.
- Understanding of and competencies in participatory extension methods, training need assessments and development of capacity development plan.
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English and fluency and knowledge of local languages used in Sindh and Balochistan province is essential.
- Nationality of Pakistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.