Deadline: 26 November 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief Technical Adviser in Karachi, Pakistan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Chief Technical Adviser will perform the following functions-
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation on technical issues of assigned programmes/projects directs the review of relevant documents and reports identifies priorities, liaises with relevant parties identifies and initiates follow-up actions.
- Coordinate programmes and reviews the assessment of issues and trends for the implementation of programmes and projects as well as the preparation of impact evaluation or equivalent studies.
- Supervise preparation of various written outputs, e.g. background papers, analysis, substantial sections of reports as well as studies, and inputs to publications.
- Direct substantive support to consultative meetings and conferences, to include the proposition of agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations.
- Manage outreach activities designs and conducts training workshops, seminars and makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Lead field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties.
- Provide advice to develop policies and strategies as well as national protocols and guide lines for projects with specific domains related to FAO’s work.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in agriculture production/economics, agro-food processing, agribusiness, rural development, or relevant disciplines.
- 10 year’s relevant experience in leading agro food project management, value chains and agribusiness development, agriculture and rural development.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.