Deadline: 21 June 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Communication Officer in Islamabad, Pakistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communication Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical support to the National and Provincial Emergency Operations Centres in support of implementation of respective external communications and advocacy work plans, including production of appropriate media materials such as briefing kits, media releases, drafting speeches, background notes, audio-visual materials and collect story from field.
- Draft briefing notes on potential international media visits and assist to organise media visits to sites relevant to the Polio Eradication Initiative (PEI) in consultation with the provincial media team, especially during polio vaccination campaigns.
- Draft responses to media queries related to the PEI and coordinate with partners on the sharing of information and updates.
- Maintain and update Photo and Video Library of the PEI programme with proper captions and related information so that it is accessible to all programme staff.
- Support implementation of media crisis communication strategy in relation to polio eradication and work with the provincial teams for periodic review and updates, including support to PEI partners to ensure they are well equipped with appropriate tools and materials to respond to, and mitigate, negative media coverage (e.g. Q&As, holding statements, fact sheets, key messages).
- Manage media monitoring services and ensure timely distribution of news every day including delivery of various reports on media coverage.
- Provide technical support for the website content development and management and monitor negative propaganda on the Social media platforms through contracting agencies and Social Media Cell of the NEOC.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in one of the following fields is required journalism, communications, public relations or another relevant technical field.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s) in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 2 year’s progressively responsible professional work experience in media/communications at the national or subnational level, with practical experience in media/communication strategy development.
- Knowledge of the development sector is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Urdu.
- Knowledge of Pushto or another local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.