Deadline: 19 August 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of District Farmer Field School Facilitator in Pakistan. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The District Farmer Field School Facilitator will perform the following functions-
- Facilitate the project target villages’ selection process under guidance of national, provincial and district lead.
- Facilitate field level interventions for establishment of Climate Business Field School (CBFS), Farmer Field Schools for Women (FFS-W), and Climate Resilient Agriculture (CRA) sites.
- Facilitate district lead/supervisor preparation and completion of field work plan, agriculture inputs procurement plan, logistic and admin support etc.
- Facilitate and participate capacity building events/ trainings on CBFS, selected CRA practices, facilitation skills, farmer training curricula, On Farm Water Management (OFWM), use of ICT, monitoring methods, and others.
- Facilitate to organise local level ToT for extension officers, staff and/or employees from partner organisations (entities) on CRA and OFWM. Apart from this facilitate organising season long Training of Farmer Facilitators (ToFF).
- Provide technical backstopping to run the CBFS/FFS-W/CRA practices and facilitate ongoing project related activities in the selected districts.
- Closely work with district lead/ supervisor and sectoral specialist for collection and compilation of all the information related with CBFS/FFS-W/CRA, economic analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis related data from respective district.
- Facilitate district office in better liaison and coordination with district administration, I/NGOs, private sector companies, academia, research institutions and women and men farmer organizations.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or Master’s Degree in Agribusiness/ Natural or Social Sciences with FFS and Agribusiness or Climate Resilient Agriculture (CRA) experience.
- 3 year’s Farmer Field School (FFS) /Farmer Field Schools for Women (FFS-W) relevant experience, 1-2 years Agribusiness and Climate Resilient Agriculture (CRA) relevant experience will be an asset.
- Knowledge of the English language and fluency in Urdu and local languages used in province.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential.
- Knowledge of Social Mobilization process & Community organization skills.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills including MS Office.
- Ability of working in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment and rural communities.
- Nationality of Pakistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.