Deadline: 19 August 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of District Lead Facilitator in Pakistan. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The District Lead Facilitator will perform the following functions-
- Responsible for supervision GCF project activities at designated district level.
- Coordinate with district key stakeholders including but not limited government extension departments, I/NGOs, private sector companies, academia, research institutions and women and men farmer organizations interested in working with the project.
- Facilitate target UCs and Villages selection process under guidance of national and provincial teams.
- Supervise trainings with support of sector specialist and facilitate field for establishment of Climate Business Field School (CBFS), Farmer Field Schools for Women (FFS-W), and Climate Resilient Agriculture (CRA) sites.
- Responsible for management of district office and allocated assets, in addition supervise project management matters including work plan, procurement plan, logistic, admin etc.
- Facilitate in organising capacity building events/ trainings on CBFS, selected CRA practices, facilitation skills, farmer training curricula, OFWM, use of ICT, monitoring methods, and others.
- Conduct local level ToT for extension officers, staff and/or employees from partner organisations (entities) on CRA and On Farm Water Management (OFWM).
- Provide and seek technical backstopping from sectoral specialist team to run the CBFS/FFS-W/CRA practices and facilitate ongoing related activities in the selected districts.
- Position holder will work closely with provincial office for collection and compilation of all the information related with CBFS/FFS-W/CRA, economic analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis related data from respective district.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in agriculture or Master’s Degree in agribusiness/ natural or social sciences with FFS and agribusiness or climate resilient agriculture (CRA) experience.
- 3 year’s Farmer Field School (FFS) /Farmer Field Schools for Women (FFS-W) relevant experience, 2 year’s Agribusiness and Climate Resilient Agriculture (CRA) relevant experience will be an asset.
- Knowledge of the English language and fluency in Urdu and local languages used in province.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams is essential.
- Knowledge of Social Mobilization process & Community organization skills.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office.
- Ability of working in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment and rural communities.
- Good knowledge of common administrative and financial rules and regulations.
- Good knowledge of communication and documentation standards.
- Nationality of Pakistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.