Deadline: 17 January 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Manager, NOD in Quetta, Pakistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Manager, NOD will perform the following functions:
- Management and advisory support
- Provide leadership and advice to the supervisor, in establishing the provincial annual work plan, including workplans for the GPE ESPIG programmes, and reviewing provincial workplans, including developing strategies, determining priorities, and performance measurements.
- Programme development and planning
- Advise the Chief on the preparation, design and updating of the provincial situation analysis for the education programmes to ensure that current and comprehensive data on education issues is available to guide UNICEF’s strategic policy, advocacy, intervention and development efforts on education programmes.
- Programme management, monitoring and quality control of results
- Plan and collaborate with internal colleagues and external partners to establish monitoring benchmarks, performance indicators and other UNICEF/UN system indicators to assess/strengthen performance accountability, coherence and delivery of concrete and sustainable results for the education sector on education programmes, including for ESPIG, and other donor-funded education programmes.
- Advisory services and technical support
- Provide technical advice to key government officials, NGO’s, UN system and other provincial office partners, and the UNICEF Field Office team on policies, strategies, best practices and approaches on education and other related issues to support programme development planning, implementation and delivery of results.
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Build and strengthen strategic partnerships through networking and advocacy with local/national governments, UN system agency partners, donors, internationally recognized institutions, NGOs, funding organizations, research institutes and private sector to reinforce cooperation and/or pursue opportunities to promote goals and achieve sustainable and broad results on education.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or above) in one of the following fields is required education, economics, psychology, sociology or another relevant technical field.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s) in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 8 year’s professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required.
- Experience in managing large education programmes is considered as an asset.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Familiarity/ background with emergency is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.