Deadline: 5 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Officer in Karachi, Pakistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Education Officer will perform the following functions:
- Lead the rapid deployment of The Learning Passport for UNICEF and the School Education and Literacy Department (SELD), including project management (planning, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of the initiative) in coordination with key stakeholders including SELD and UNICEF regional and global teams.
- Oversee a team of consultants who will support the deployment of the Learning Passport, including technical team, teaching and learning consultants and translators who will localize the technology, select and curate content.
- Provide technical expertise in digital learning and teaching and learning materials development to support UNICEF’s Education team/consultants and all stakeholders to ensure deployment and user success.
- Provide coordination and technical support to consultants responsible for the curation, digitization, localization, production of content for the Learning Passport.
- Build partnerships with EdTc providers in Pakistan to provide content for the Learning Passport.
- Contribute and support knowledge sharing to UNICEF national and international colleagues to ensure sharing, exchange and collaboration in the Learning Passport deployment and document lessons learned, challenges, and good practices.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or above) in education, learning technologies, educational project management, or other related social sciences field.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s) in a relevant field combined with 2 additional year’s professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 2 year’s professional work experience in implementing education projects for the benefit of improving student learning outcomes.
- Experience in teaching school children including embedding a range of digital technology as tools in teaching and learning.
- Demonstrate ability to work with Government counterparts.
- Excellent communication abilities, in both written and oral forms.
- Fluency in English and a local language is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.