Deadline: 25 January 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Financial Management Officer in Pakistan. The duration of this post is 3 years.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Financial Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Review of audited project financial statements and audited entity financial statements for all PRM projects following the internal review process and exercise professional judgment.
- FM support for project teams to communicate with executing and/or implementing agencies (EAs/IAs) on issues identified in the APFS and AEFS, including compliance with financial covenants.
- Preparation of checklists in accordance with ADB’s internal guidelines and procedures for APFS review, monitoring and quality improvement.
- Analyze non-compliance or delayed compliance with APFS and AEFS submission and public disclosure requirements, as well as quality, common issues and deficiencies in APFS and AEFS and summarize these and expected actions in a regular report to PAU Head.
- Diligently follow up with project teams and EAs to achieve compliance with ADB FM requirements in close coordination and consultation with CWOD-PSG FM unit, CWRD Sector Divisions (SDs) and Public Financial Management Division (PFFM).
- Monitor regularly the follow-up actions identified from APFS and AEFS review or other related actions and develop and maintain an appropriate monitoring database of project financial statements and verify project related information to assist APFS and AEFS review.
- Prepare and implement a capacity development plan for EAs/IAs to improve their understanding of ADB financial management requirements.
- Conduct FM training and coaching programs for EAs/IAs.
- Support CWOD-PSG and PFFM to build the capacity of audit firms engaged by ADB projects for audit purposes.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or a related field preferably with Master’s degree or equivalent.
- Professional accountant qualification (CPA, CA, ACCA or equivalent) with public accountancy and audit experience (i.e. an internationally recognized designation by the International Federation of Accountants) would be preferred.
- 8 year’s of relevant professional experience, including in audit and financial due diligence.
- Ability to work independently on assigned transactions, areas of analysis and research, which have well-defined scope and steps.
- Effective report-writing and strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Good analytical and conceptual skills.
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with government officials.
- Ability to guide administrative staff to facilitate work planning, delivery and quality review.
- Strong planning, organizational and administrative skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint; familiarity with database management tools.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Nationality of Pakistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.