Deadline: 23 April 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Personnel – Project Coordinator in a Peshawar, Pakistan. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Project Personnel – Project Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Supervise work of staff in the Districts / clusters in terms of work planning, implementation, logistics, HR, attendance and other Management related tasks.
- Lead the Agribusiness and supply chain facilitators and other field based staff in collecting and preparing background information on Value Chains, markets (including SWOT, Constraints, Needs and Gap analysis), collecting, organizing and analysing market intelligence and market partners and Agribusiness and Market Development opportunities.
- Identification of market, agribusiness and value chain business opportunities and impediments.
- Prepare district / cluster work plans based on economic viable value chains and agribusiness and customized to the specific circumstances of KP
- Facilitate farmer (groups), traders and other supply chain actors to successfully market their products, in close collaboration with the FAO Agribusiness and Supply Chain team and GoKP staff and supervise the facilitation and implementation of activities at field and value chain level.
- Work closely with the project FMCs and CO’s to produce value chain and agribusiness plans that are likely to result into positive income growth.
- Screen and analyse ongoing and completed agribusiness and value chains pilot projects for opportunities for up scaling, extension and dissemination.
Applicant must have:
- University Degree(s)/Master’s in (agri)business, agronomy, horticulture, marketing, post-harvest management, or MBA with graduate degree in agriculture, horticulture, or agronomy.
- 8 year’s experience within agriculture or horticultural sector, especially marketing aspects, with the private sector.
- Ability to work and act under pressure and with discretion in multicultural environment.
- Ability to deal with stakeholders from a broad range of backgrounds.
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals in a high-pressure environment.
- Maturity and confidence in dealing with high-ranking official of government institutions, international institutions and non- government institutions.
- Familiar with FAO procedures, possess strong supervisory, communication, team building and computing skills (word processing, spreadsheets and data-bases).
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English and good in Urdu and Pashtu.
- Nationality of Pakistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.