Deadline: 8 April 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Project Personnel – Water Management Specialist in Quetta, Pakistan. The duration of this post is 12 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The National Project Personnel – Water Management Specialist will perform the following function-
- Provide technical support to the FAO provincial teams with regards to water management and in particular to the Balochistan Water Programme.
- Review existing sectoral policies and prepare brief on major water related challenges in the country, provinces and regions.
- Assist International Water management and international ground Water specialists in preparation of technical briefs and rainwater harvesting manuals in the target sub river basins.
- Prepare technical briefs on scope of local water harvesting techniques in selected project sites.
- Take part in the project inception at the beginning of the project implementation; advise on the formulation of project implementation plan.
- Organize collection of data and information on water resources and agriculture water management at the National and provincial level.
- Liaison and coordination with the project partners, concerned department on FAO water interventions in the target districts.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Water Resources Management, Agriculture/Irrigation engineering or related field.
- 08 year’s relevant experience;
- Working knowledge of English and local languages of Baluchistan.
- Nationality of Pakistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.