Deadline: 25 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition Specialist in Karachi, Pakistan.
The Nutrition Specialist will be responsible for coordination of nutrition activities at the provincial level and day-to-day monitoring of interventions relating to Nutrition.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Nutrition Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to/support the preparation/design and conduct/update of situation analysis for the nutrition sector/s to ensure timely comprehensive and current data on maternal and child nutrition are available to guide policy and development, design and management of nutrition programs/projects.
- Participate in strategic program discussion on the planning of nutrition programs/projects.
- Plan and/or collaborate with internal and external partners to establish monitoring benchmarks, performance indicators and other UNICEF/UN system indicators and measurement to assess/strengthen performance accountability, coherence and delivery of concrete and sustainable results for the assigned sector in nutrition programs.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual reviews with government and other counterparts to assess progress and to determine required action/interventions to achieve results.
- Participate in discussions with national partners/clients/stakeholders to promote nutrition and development issues especially in the areas of emergency preparedness and maternal, newborn and child survival and development.
- Prepare communication and information materials for CO program advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnership/alliances and support fund raising for nutrition programs (maternal, newborn and child survival and development).
- Apply/introduce innovative approaches and good practice to build the capacity of partners and stakeholders and to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable program results.
- Keep abreast, research, benchmark and implement best and cutting edge practices in nutrition management and information systems. Assess, institutionalize and share best practices and knowledge learned.
- Lead and manage Nutrition team in Sindh office.
- Set objectives and plan, clarify roles and oversee the activities of the team.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University Degree or higher in nutrition, public health, nutritional epidemiology, global/international health and nutrition, health/nutrition research, policy and/or management, or other health related science field is required.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in nutrition, public health, related research or planning and management in relevant areas of maternal, infant and child nutrition at the international level some of which preferably in a developing country is required.
- Relevant experience in health/nutrition program/project development and management in any UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Experience in a supervisory role.
- Fluency in English and Urdu is required.
- Knowledge of another local language is an asset.
- Nationality of Pakistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.