Deadline: 17 January 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Planning and Monitoring Specialist in Islamabad, Pakistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Planning and Monitoring Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Support to programme development and planning
- Support the preparation, design and updating of the situation analysis for the education programmes to ensure that current and comprehensive data on education issues is available to guide UNICEF’s strategic policy, advocacy, intervention and development efforts on education programmes.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Plan and collaborate with internal colleagues and external partners to establish monitoring benchmarks, performance indicators and other UNICEF/UN system indicators to assess/strengthen performance accountability, coherence and delivery of concrete and sustainable results for the assigned sector on education programmes, with focus on provincial ESPIGs and EU-funded education programmes.
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Provide technical guidance and operational support to UNICEF Field Office education teams, government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and country office partners and donors on interpretation, application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes and best practices and approaches on education planning and monitoring and related issues to support programme management, implementation and delivery of results.
- Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with relevant government counterparts, national and provincial stakeholders, global partners, donors, and academia through active networking, advocacy and effective communication to build capacity, exchange knowledge/expertise and to reinforce cooperation to achieve sustainable and broad results on education programmes.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Apply and introduce innovative approaches and good practices to build the capacity of partners and stakeholders and to support the design, planning and monitoring of programmes to ensure implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable programme results.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or above) in one of the following fields is required education, economics, psychology, sociology, or another relevant technical field.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s) in a relevant field combined with 2 additional year’s professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional experience in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required.
- Experience with education program design, planning, and monitoring is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or local languages is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.