Deadline: 3 November 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Islamabad, Pakistan.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Provide support in supervision and monitoring of all field activities of the Business Support Assistants (BSAs) to ensure that selected chakki mills have adequate installation of mixing equipment provided by WFP, its calibrations and setting flow rate of premix as per standards prescribed by Pakistan Standards and Quality Control Authority.
- Act as a point of contact for Chakkis Mills/Association, flour milling industry and district food department for effective coordination and collaboration ensuring district level planning and timely implementation of project activities.
- Support the WFP project team in monitoring the capacity building activities for the staff of respective mills, food inspectors, laboratory staff and District Focal Person on fortification and quality assurance and quality control processes to promote sustainable and adequate fortification of wheat flour.
- Ensure uninterrupted supply of micronutrient premix to the chakkis mills in the allocated territory, according to their requirements, through oversight supervision of all BSAs.
- Ensure smooth supply of Iron Spot Test Kits to chakkis mills for monitoring of fortified chakki flour at production, market and house-hold level through close monitoring of all BSAs in the two project districts.
- Ensure that BSAs undertake timely collection of samples of chakki flour mills on regular basis and ensure its receipt at identified labs.
- Oversee and/ or review the work of all BSAs ensuring adequately fortified chakki flour is produced and supplied in market and among consumers.
Applicant must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Bachelor’s in Nutrition/Sociology/Agriculture/Food Technology/Chemistry/Business area is desirable.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in social safety protection/fortification/social mobilization programmes.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in the English and Urdu.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.