Deadline: 26 January 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer (Infrastructure) in Pakistan. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Officer (Infrastructure) will perform the following functions-
- Provide support to loan fact-finding and appraisal missions, including but not limited to review of technical designs and cost estimates, liaison with government officials, data compilation and project costing, procurement packaging and related technical issues.
- Assign to assume the lead role under guidance in the processing of specific loans and TAs, actively takes initiative and responsibility to engage with ADB HQ, Government agencies, development partners, private sector partners, and other stakeholders to facilitate the successful formulation and processing of ADB-financed loan and TA projects.
- Provide team leadership (where assigned as lead) by facilitating work planning, delivery and reviews with the team.
- Administer and monitors the progress of assigned projects and prepares project performance reports.
- Prepare and updates forecasts of contract awards & disbursements, identifying factors responsible for shortfalls and expediting achievement of target levels where possible.
- Identify issues and takes actions to address them through interactions with executing agencies (EAs), contractors, consultants, and project beneficiaries; prepares measures to address the issues and implementing the measures.
- Prepare internal procurement papers, review of procurement documents including draft technical designs and cost estimates, and papers for extension of loan closing dates, reallocation of loan proceeds, changes in scope and implementation arrangements, and other project administration tasks.
- Provide advice to government ministries, EAs and sector entities on ADB guidelines on procurement, recruitment of consultants, preparation of tender documents, etc. to ensure effective implementation.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related disciplines preferably with master’s degree or equivalent.
- 8 year’s of relevant professional experience in project management and implementation and at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience within the assigned sector.
- Experience & knowledge of various stages of the project cycle (project planning / feasibility analysis / detailed design / construction supervision / contract management /project implementation / project completion) is desirable.
- Knowledge of government administrative systems and procedures.
- Familiarity with accepted best practices of procurement and disbursement processes.
- Effective report-writing and strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with government officials.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Nationality of Pakistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.